Friday, March 21, 2008

Otter Creek Fall HT 2005

Our third horse show. This summer seemed to fly by! Yes I know, three shows for a season...not very exciting but we have to deal with what we have when we can and I was ready to move out and on to different things!

Otter Creek Farm. One of my favorite places on this earth! (www.ottercreekfarm.com) The place, the people, the horses, the atmosphere, absolutely amazing! It is where I currently board and train out of (Jan-May 2008).

We were entered in the Training-rider division. Our dressage wasn't the best we received a 43.5 and the cross country looked big and technical, which is what Otter Creek is known for in Area IV. We were prepared and ready to tackle any obstacle in our way. We jumped clean and only had 2.8 time faults. We had one rail in show jumped which settled us to a lovely green ribbon, 6th place. I thought we had a great weekend and yet again another wonderful learning experience.

September is nearing the end of Area IV's competition season and I was preparing to move out east to try something new for a little while before college.

We had a great show season, despite weather that delayed our start we still had many opportunities to learn a lot. We were able to riding in a combined test together and a few schooling shows. Overall my first and so far only training level season was a success, I hope to bring many more horses along through the levels as I did with Hannah.

No comments: