Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Winter '09-'10

Well...I suppose it isn't quite winter here yet...but the leaves have changed colors and fallen from the trees leaving our land looking desolate and barren. We have already had some snow but are quite lucky to have some very nice weather right now. The sun is shining and it is a steamy 45 degrees out!

I have moved all of the jumps into the indoor arena for the winter as to begin our grid work and gymnastic schooling in order to prepare for the 2010 season. The horses have grown full winter coats and are nice and warm in the biting cold air outside. Poor Hannah had all of her coat shaved off for the winter but is bundled up warmly in her blankets. Most of my students are in school during the day so lessons don't begin until the sun as set around 430pm and the kids are scurrying out of school in order to have the barn air comfort their stresses from school.

I myself have gone back full time at the University of Wisconsin-Stout only to once again have a very nice schedule of only having classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays allowing me a lot of time to spend at the farm with the horses.

I am done with school in the near future...I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Right now the plan is to head to Florida for two months, January 15-March 15 with my eventing trainer, Philippa Humphreys. She is renting a farm in Ocala really close to the HITS show grounds and I will be staying and training with her. So far the plan is just to train, if finances allow I will hopefully do a show or two, but we will see when that time comes. I will be continuing my education by taking online classes, so I will need to find a nice internet cafe with a nice comfy couch to confide myself to on a daily basis.

My students will be taking a lot of lessons prior to me leaving for Florida in order to prepare them for two months away from a regular program. Upon my return we will continue lessons and I hope to start to build more upon Liz Lund Eventing. As I near the end of my school life...which seems like my life, I have done nothing but go to school for just about my entire life, I am looking to expand my business and bring in new clients, students and horses. Stay tuned for more updates on my business.

I now have my logo secured and will be making my Liz Lund Eventing gear soon. If you are interested in any gear from hats, jackets, t-shirts and more please contact me at eventrider@lizlund.com or (952)210-9448.

Thanks all for now, stay tuned for training tips and more updates. Keep kickin'!

No comments: